Shareholdings of Major Shareholders of the Company
(1) As at 31 December 2012, shareholdings of the top ten shareholders of the Company were as follows:
Notes: About shareholdings of the top ten shareholders:
(a) The Company is not aware of any of the above shareholders who are connected to each other or acting in concert;
(b) During the Reporting Period, no connected persons, strategic investors or general legal persons became one of the top ten shareholders of the Company as a result of the placement of new shares;
(c) The numbers of shares held by holders of foreign legal person were based on register required to be maintained under the Securities and Futures Ordinance of Hong Kong.
(2) As at 31 December 2012, the shareholdings of the top ten A shareholders not subject to selling restrictions were as follows:
(3) As at 31 December 2012, the shareholdings of shareholders subject to selling restrictions and their selling restrictions:
Note 1: Prior consent shall be obtained from the non-circulating shareholders who have advanced the consideration on behalf of the relevant shareholders and that the consideration so advanced shall be repaid by the relevant non-circulating shareholder. For repayment, the relevant (advancee) shareholders
may opt to transfer the amount of shares being advanced or to pay in cash in an amount calculated in accordance with the average closing price of the five trading days following the implementation date of the Company’s Share Segregation Reform for the consideration shares. Application for the listing status of such shares will then be submitted by the Company to the stock exchange.
(4) As at 31 December 2011, as far as the Company is aware, the following individuals held 5% or more of the interests or short positions in the shares or underlying shares of the Company as recorded in the register required to be maintained under the Securities and Futures Ordinance of Hong Kong:
Notes: (L) Long position; (S) Short position; (P) Lending pool
(1) China Merchants Group Limited was deemed to hold interests by virtue of its controlling interests in China Merchants Huajian Highway Investment Co., Ltd. Save as disclosed above, to the Company’s best knowledge, as at 31 December 2012, there was no person who was required to make disclosure under the Securities and Futures Ordinance of Hong Kong.